Steps for developing XML Publisher report.
- Develop the query according to the requirement.
- Open Report Builder and paste the query.
- Now click on OK, we will get a group, in this case G_ORDER_NUMBER.
- Since the data to be displayed is in Master detail form we need to change the group accordingly. Drag and drop out order number and name field.
- Create a user parameter P_CONC_REQUEST_ID.
- Write the below code in “Before report” trigger
- Write the below code in “After report” trigger
- Now compile the form. Go to tools menu Program à Compile à All. If we get Compilation completed successfully then the report is compiled successfully without any errors.
- Save the file as SALES_ORDER_REPORT.rdf.
- Put the saved SALES_ORDER_REPORT.rdf file in Application top/reports/US folder
- Now register the rdf report in apps. First create the executable.
- Define the concurrent program, here the output format should be mentioned as XML.
- Now add this program to a responsibility.
- Now we have to build the layout in rtf. Open Microsoft Word document. In the header section give the heading details like (Report name, date, page number etc.) After developing the heading you can make the table border as ‘No Border’.
- Create a table as follows.
- Now design the layout as follows. In the first fe xml tag we have columns from the first group G_1 and in second fe xml tag we have columns from second group G_ORDER_NUMBER. After designing the layout save the file with extension as .rtf (SALES_ORDER_DETAILS.rtf)
- Go to XML Publisher Administrator responsibility à Home à Data Definitions. Click on Create Data Definition Button.
Give Name as Sales Order Details Report (PDF) (generally we give concurrent program name you can give other name also).
Code as SALES_ORDER_DETAILS (Imp: This should be concurrent program short name)
Application as Order Management. Click on Apply.
- Go to Templates tab. Click on Create template button.
Here give Name as Sales Order Details Report (PDF) (generally we give concurrent program name you can give other name also).
Code as SALES_ORDER_DETAILS ( You can give any code but we generally give concurrent program short name)
Application as Order Management.
Data Definition as Sales Order Details Report (PDF) (Imp: This should be name of data definition)
In the File textbox browse the rtf file developed
Territory: United States , Click on Apply.
- Now the XML Publisher report has been registered in apps and run the program to see the output.